Where the number of applicants for admission exceeds the Admission Number of 131 places available, places will be allocated to applicants in the under mentioned categories in the following order of priority:
- Looked After, and Previously Looked After Baptised Catholic Children1
- Baptised Catholic children.¹
- Other Looked After Children, and Previously Looked After Children
- Siblings of Baptised Catholic Children who will be attending Archbishop McGrath Catholic High School at the time of admission.2
- Children who are attending a Catholic primary school at the time of applicationand for whom the parents/guardians continue to seek a specifically Christian education.
- Children who areattending a Church in Wales primary school at the time of applicationand for whom the parents/guardians continue to seek a specifically Christian education.
- Siblings of other children who will be attending Archbishop McGrath Catholic High School at the time of admission.2
- Other children for whom parents/guardians seek a specifically Christian education.
- Evidence of baptism must be submitted with the application form in all cases.
- In this context, “siblings” would share a common mother or father, adopted mother or father, or form part of an established family unit. When allocating places if the last place is offered to a multiple birth child (e.g. a twin or triplet), the School will also admit the other sibling(s).
Application forms and, where appropriate, supporting documentation, must be returned to the School no later than 11thJanuary 2019. For children attending one of our Catholic feeder primary schools, the form can be handed into the school. For other applications, the form should be sent directly to the Admissions Panel at Archbishop McGrath Catholic High School.
Applications received by this date will be considered together and places allocated.Letters confirming the outcome of your application will be sent on 1stMarch 2019.
Please note that ALL applications must be submitted using the application form and all applications will be considered at the same time
Applications for transfer to the school from another secondary school during the academic year should be made using the specific Schools Transfer Application Form. The Governing Body Admissions Panel will consider each application. If the number requesting transfer exceeds available places, the Oversubscription Criteria will be used to determine successful applicants.
Transfer applications should not be made unless you have already discussed your intentions to transfer your child to Archbishop McGrath Catholic High School with the Head Teacher of the school your child currently attends / most recently attended. Once completed, the form should be sent, together with a letter outlining your reasons for seeking the transfer, and a certificate of baptism in the case of Catholic applicants, to “The Admissions Panel, Archbishop McGrath Catholic High School” at the address below.
Please send application form (and supporting documentation) to:
The Governors’ Admissions Panel
Archbishop McGrath Catholic High School
Oak Tree Way